Our Program Philosophy
The child is at the center of curriculum at Walnut Street Daycare Center. Children learn through play and our program is designed around this concept. We firmly believe that often times, important skills, such as socialization, are learned just as effectively on the playground as in the classroom. We provide a balance of structured play, learning activities, as well as supervised free play inside and outdoors. We give careful attention to understanding unique individual differences and creating a learning environment that encourages each child to develop his/her physical, emotional, intellectual, and social skills.
Here at Walnut Street Daycare we have 7 classrooms open for your child(ren). They are separated by age.
- Infants (6 weeks - 15 months)
- Toddlers (15 months - 24 months)
- Three's Preschool
- Four's and Five's Preschool
- Before and after school care for children attending Kingston and Genoa Elementary Schools
- School holiday and summer programs for children 5 to 12 years